Monday, January 28, 2008

The rise and fall of ugly food

Yes, I have abandoned this blog. Honestly, I was away from the What's Cooking blog for a few weeks and I realized that I really didn't even want to bother reading it any more.

It just got too dull, too off topic (ooh, wow, you're going to throw out your condoms in 8 months? I put it on my calendar! I sure hope you're taking your pre-natal vitamins...) and far too repetitive. Ugly food blogging became dull as well. I did bookmark a few entries at the beginning of January (Chicken-Ham Lasagna, for example. That just sounds nasty.)

I had about 6000 unread blog posts in my google reader and I had no desire to even scroll through them, so I just deleted them all.

Who knows. Maybe 6 months from now I'll attack a new set of blogs. I see that there are two new ones posted today, so I'm sure there'll be plenty of fodder when I'm ready.

6 comments:

Shawnda said...

Surround yourself with pretty food on your hiatus :)

Faith, the Authoress said...

Bummer. Call me a wench, but I actually enjoyed read this stuff.

Beth G. @SweetLifeKitchen said...

Awww, I enjoyed the concept- hopefully you'll be back some day!

JackieT said...

:( That sucks. I really liked this blog...

Oh well, I hope you pick it up again in the future.

Laura En Espana said...

Man! I really liked your blog!! And was thinking that someday I was bound to end up on it cuz my camera sucks so bad. Oh well. . . hope you stumble upon some more ugly food soon that you can't turn down.

Leslie said...

boo! come back!