Sunday, November 18, 2007

And here we show the lack of originality

This post cannot be a criticism of ugly food, it's more just a Nestie blog observation. Every so often there is a recipe that shows up in one blog and then is immediately copied and recreated by other blogs. A few weeks ago it was the blondie, and a little while after that, the pumpkin roll. The one that I keep seeing at the moment is the homemade soft pretzel.

I admit that I love soft pretzels, have made them before, and I can't say I won't ever make this recipe, but it gets old seeing the same item on every blog.

The most recent (with nice photos, however) is here.

Others (in no particular order)

I shot the chef
(this is the one who has a photographer husband),
another and another (perhaps the original source of the pretzel craze), and another. Or maybe this is the original one. Someone commented on that posting and linked to her own pretzel blog entry.

This may be it for a few days. I'm getting ready to move into crazy holiday mode. Feel free to leave a comment if you spot something good (meaning bad)!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

If you need assistance with updating this blog, please do not hesitate to contact me. You are doing a true service to the internet world, and I would be honored - yes, honored - to write a guest entry.

BMK said...

What's worse ugly food or any ugly personality? I think ugly personality so guess you win. What a small little person you are.

Unknown said...

Ugly food is DEFINITELY worse than an ugly personality. Ugly personalities are so much more entertaining and palatable. Ugly personalities also usually understand punctuation and sentence structure and macro settings.